Sunday, April 14, 2013


GOD IN HOLLYWOOD

They want it so bad, those that stand in the light.
A shared dream so many have tucked away into pillows
and clutched tightly after reciting empty prayers.
Would I have softer, smoother knees had I not prayed so hard for all the things I didn't get.

I bet God in Hollywood gets tired of hearing the same prayers
for an audition, for a role, for an award.
He probably doesn't even handle them anymore.
Sure, everyone was impressed with Hollywood in the old days.
But He's gotta be tired of the begging.

I'm sure He's sloughed those self-centered pleas off onto some assistant
who landed in heaven after a lifetime of Hail Marys
and ended up sorting through their Lord's surplus ‘Please-let-me-gets’
Frustrated. But happy to look up once in a while and see the back of His head.

No comments:

Post a Comment