Sunday, April 14, 2013

SINUS ATTACK

Ten thousand wool wearing miners march through my nose.
Their hard-soled feet with brittle peeling skin
has the itch of a newly paved road on the back of Mother Earth.
Tear it up now and clear the asphalt highway to smell.

I can’t bear it.
I reach inside deep with finger crooked trying to smash them
but make it worse.
It is time for pharmaceutically birthed efforts to make their stand.

I brace as the white plastic penetrator draws near.
It meets its mark and I breathe in the mist of relief that hides its long term minty dependence.

Menthol hatted soldiers run quickly to your stations and give semblance of normalcy.
When your work is done, roll out again and form a single drop.
Plan to be caught on an unscented lint-free tissue
that will erase any trace
that you were ever there.

No comments:

Post a Comment